I need help. I need help justifying $200 on a set of four white mugs on a grey ceramic tray. So far this is what I've got:
- They're not just mugs, they're art.
- They're art I can put tea in.
- I'm so not minimal but a big part of me wishes I could edit myself down to a spare, clean style. Instead of starting over I could just get these minimal-style mugs. Love how they're sturdy and almost austere.
- Love drinking tea from spare, minimal, sturdy, and almost austere mugs.
- They're made by up-and-coming Belfast-based ceramicist Derek Wilson. How can I in good conscience support Pottery Barn and not Derek Wilson?
- I could drink four cups of tea at once.
- I've spent $200 on shoes that I only wore once (and then returned); I'd use these every day.
- When I'm not drinking tea, I could use them as vases. The tray would be handy for cookies to dip in my tea.
- I really need them ...
- ... to match the cute pourer and tea-set I also want to buy.
Derek Wilson Ceramics at The Irish Design Shop